Disclosure: Please note that this article may contain affiliate links. You can read my full disclosure here.Need help with the Tech-side of blogging? Join my Facebook Group and get some answers.
This blog post is intended for those who are fairly new to WordPress. To show how you can add images to your blog posts, pages and upload images for your theme.
I am using the Free CuteWP Theme and I have setup my own child theme to save any changes I want to apply.
Here is a quick video I put together of adding images to your post in WordPress
Below the video are instructions with Screenshots as well.
- Login to your WordPress Dashboard
- Click on Posts on the Side Menu
- Click on New Post (or you can edit an existing post)
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and look on the right side for the words, Featured Image
- Click the link that says “Set Featured Image”
- You will see your available media library images, these are two of my images from Storyblocks.com this is the most affordable Stock Photos I have found.
- Or you can upload pictures
- Once you’ve decided on an image, click Set Featured Image button
- This screenshot shows the Post Title, Body of the Post, and you have the option to “Save Draft”, “Preview” or “Publish” your post.
Note: if you do not see “Featured Image” at the bottom right of the screen (or anywhere else on screen), then scroll to the top of the page and click on “Screen Options”.
and make sure “Featured Image” has a checkmark.
I hope that helps to get you started. If you are really stuck getting setup or started in WordPress, check out my services page for affordable options for me to help you over a remote screen sharing session.